At Ricart, Lynne Dewitt is the classic “everyman” friend. She’s the first person to call if your community group wants Ricart to sponsor an event. She oversees requests for corporate donations or loan of the RicartCares.com van. And, in her words, she “listens, reviews and acts” upon Ricart consumer needs – like complaints.
A native of Johnstown, PA, Lynne has been a Ricart employee since 1987. She and her husband Jim live in Pataskala. In her spare time, she golfs, takes Sunday drives, enjoys her two children and chases five grandchildren.
A big part of Lynne's job is answering inquiries about donations, so here’s the information you’ll need before you call her.
Ricart established a separate nonprofit called RicartCares.com, through which all charitable requests are handled. For information, please click here: www.RicartCares.com. Ricart also makes a nine-passenger van available to nonprofit groups that need loaned transportation for a specific project. Groups that qualify are typically 501(c)3 organizations, schools, foundations or churches.
Qualifying groups must also
• Provide proof of insurance for coverage at a minimum of $1 million.
• Provide the designated driver’s license. The designated driver must be at least 25 years old and be picked by the organization to operate the van.
• Provide the driver’s cell phone number. The driver must carry that cell phone with him or her while the van is on loan.
• Sign a loaner agreement with terms and conditions. The designated driver must also sign this agreement.
Other points you need to know:
• The van can be used for activities within the state of Ohio only.
• A GPS Tracking device with a theft recovery system is installed on the vehicle. It monitors speed and location at all times.
• Vehicles must be returned with a full tank of gas. All personal property must be removed at the time it is returned.
• The van will be available at a specific time, and it must be returned at a specific time. All times are arranged before the van is loaned.
• This vehicle cannot be used for towing.